If you have an Office 365 Premium account then you are entitled to download and install the full Office 365 suite of applications on up to 5 machines.
Note that this benefit ONLY applies to Premium accounts. Standard Exchange only accounts are not entitled to any Office software, not even Outlook.
The software is delivered as an streamed download. It must be installed via the same process on every single machine.
1. Uninstall any previous versions of Microsoft Office from the host machine. Make sure if you have Outlook installed that you export out any PST files that you have for any pre-existing POP accounts or email archives. If you use an IMAP account make sure you take a full export of all your mail folders before proceeding with the uninstall which will be done in the usual way via Add/Remove programs in the Windows control panel.
It is essential that the old versions are uninstalled otherwise you will be prone to some unexpected behaviour of your office applications.
Once uninstalled, or if you have no previous installations, proceed to step 2.
2. Go to http://portal.office.com
3. Login with the username and password as given to you by Big Front Door. This may be using a temporary domain name of ONMICROSOFT.COM or it may be using your actual domain name at this point depending on the stage of the setup. Either way, both will work going forward.
4. Once logged in click on the Blue "Install Office 2016" button to initiaite the download;
5. A small download will complete. Run that downloaded file to initiate the full suite download and installation process. This will take some time depending on the speed of your connection.
6. Note that at this point no email profiles are configured. This is purely a software download and installation exercise.
7. Once installed you will now be able to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint and the other Office 2016 applications and these will automatically update from time to time for as long as you have an active subscription with Big Front Door.
8. If your Office 365 mailbox is ready you can now proceed to set this up within Outlook. See our other article in this section on how to achieve that.