If you are using our POP/IMAP email service on your domain these are the instructions you need to follow in order to add an Out of Office or "Auto Reply" message to a mailbox.
This is useful if you are going on vacation for example or if you want a customer to know you have received an email sent to your sales mailbox for example.
These instructions assume you already have your control panel username and password for your domain and you have active mailboxes on the domain. If you do not know these or don't yet have an active email service please raise a ticket with our support team or access your self service portal to create new mailboxes or update your passwords.
Replace yourdomain.com in the instructions below with your own domain name.
Replace yourpassword below with your own password.
Replace email@example.com with your new email address.
If you are using either our Exchange or Office 365 platforms these instructions do NOT apply. Please raise a ticket with us if you are unsure which of our messaging solutions you are using.
- Go to your control panel at https://direct.yourdomain.com:8443
- If your web browser says the connection is insecure, click to ignore the warning. This is because the web & mail server uses a shared SSL certificate and not one which is directly using your domain name. It is perfectly safe to continue.
- Login with your admin username and password as given to you by Big Front Door. Note that this is not your email address and password, you must use your master account.
- You should now see your master control panel for your domain
- Click on "Mail" on the left menu to see your current mailboxes.
- Click the mailbox you wish to add the out of office or automated reply to.
- Click the "Auto Reply" tab on the mailbox
- Complete the various boxes with the settings for this automated reply together with a date you wish the automated reply to finish (you can leave this open ended if you wish). For example;
- Click Apply and your auto reply or Out of Office message is enabled. Test it out to be sure it is working as expected.