If you are using our POP/IMAP email service on your domain these are the instructions you need to follow in order to add your mailbox(es) to your iOS devices. These notes refer to iOS version 10 at the time of writing and may change as further iOS versions are released.
These instructions assume you already have your email address(es) and passwords from Big Front Door. If you do not know these please raise a ticket with our support team or access your self service portal to create new mailboxes or update your passwords.
Replace yourdomain.com in the instructions below with your own domain name.
Replace yourpassword below with your own password.
Re[;ace firstname.lastname@example.org with your new email address.
If you are using either our Exchange or Office 365 platforms these instructions do NOT apply. Please raise a ticket with us if you are unsure which of our messaging solutions you are using.
- On your device click Settings, Mail
- Click Accounts
- Click Add Account
- Choose “Other” as the account type
- Click "Add Mail Account"
- Name; Whatever you want to display as the sender on your emails eg; John Smith
Description; This can be anything you like to help you distinguish between multiple mailboxes
- Slide the blue pill at the top from IMAP to be POP
- Under Incoming mail server
Password; will already be filled in
- Under Outgoing mail server (this says optional but it’s not optional for us !)
- Click Save
- You will see a “Cannot verify Server Identity” warning. Press Continue
- The Verifying process may take a couple of minutes. Be patient!
- If you see an additional “Cannot verify Server Identity” warning, press Continue
- You should now see all blue ticks and the mailbox is setup
- Mails will now start to be delivered and you may begin sending