If you can write an email then you can add a simple news item to Joomla using the built in editor.
This is really quick and easy to do. Let's get started.
1. You'll need a user account with admin rights on your site. If you don't have one already ping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get one set up for you.
2. Go to the admin panel of your site, this is your website URL followed by /administrator so for example if my website was https://www.xyz.com my admin URL would be at https://www.xyz.com/administrator
3. Login using the username and password given to you by Big Front Door
4. Click on Content, Articles
5. Click the Green "New" button to create a new article
6. The panel editor opens like this;
7. For the purposes of this guide we are going to use the Standard Joomla Editor to create our content.
Check out for our other article in this section regarding creating more powerful content with the Page Builder software.
8. Enter the Title of your Article. The Alias can be left blank, Joomla will populate that automatically.
9. In the main body simply write your content just as you would compose an email. If you are copying existing text from an email or document it is advisable to paste the content into an editor like notepad first before pasting it into the editor. This ensures you don't bring any unwanted styles and fonts into your articles!
10. You can use the "Image" button to insert an image inside your content wherever you like and there are plenty other options and tools on the editor toolbar that allow you to format and style text. Main advice is not to play around with fonts, these will be automatically applied in the correct style and colour for your website when the article is published. Stick to the basics!
11. On the right hand panel choose the Category for your content. If you have a news page and a blog page the category you choose will determine which section of the website your article will appear.
12. Ensure the Status is set to "Published" if you want the article to appear live on your site once saved. Otherwise flick the switch to unpublished to save a draft of your content.
13. You can click the Publishing Tab at the top of the page to edit the time the article will appear and also sent a time for it to automatically un-publish itself if the content is time sensitive. You can also change the author name in here and provide search engine related information.
14. Finally you can click "Images and Links" and upload a poster image for your article. For help in creating a nice poster image please refer to this article in our helpdesk
Once you've created a nice poster image simply upload it to Intro Image and Full Article Image sections in the Images and Links tab in the Article editor. Just click the Select button and upload the image from your computer to the website.
15. Finally just choose "Save and Close" to publish your content!